Friday, October 9, 2009

Social Studies




I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a long time. Well anyway, I know what you are thinking '' Well from looking at the title it's going to be a pretty boring subject'', well it's not. For social studies in school, our topic was on the Egyptians. We had to use modeling clay to make the pharaohs room and all the things that would be in it. We put all of our things in a shoebox. Then we had to write a paragraph about how the Sumerians affected the world and a Key explaining everything that was in our shoebox. It was quite fun making it. Here is a picture.
There is the food for the afterlife, the sarcophagus, the gold, the people putting on the cover of the sarcophagus, and the mummification bottles. It wasn't finished yet, but at school I put brown paper around it, added pictures on the paper, and put some symbols inside the shoebox. When I get it back from school I will show you the finished project.

Here's a picture looking down on the scene. the bad thing about making it was that some people in my class copied my idea a little bit. Oh well, whats done is done!

The next post will be about the camping trip!

FROM T

4 comments:

Uncle Talmage said...

You're pretty much the coolest girl I know. Don't tell your brothers and sisters though.

Lindsay said...

That looks SO cool! Good job!

Grandma said...

You did a great job Talia. Thanks for writing again.

Shannon said...

Very creative Talia! I love all the detail and thought that went into your project.